IB Updater Service Description
The IB Updater Service, also known as ExtensionUpdaterService.exe, is an unwanted application that is used to maintain PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs) on victims' computer systems. Many computer users have complained of significant problems involving the IB Updater Service and the many PUPs associated with this application. The IB Updater Service is developed by Perion Network Ltd., a software developer that is known for developing PUPs and applications. Some of the PUPs associated with the IB Updater Service include SmileBox, SweetPacks, and Incredibar, all Web browser toolbars that cause threat-like symptoms on affected computer systems. If you are dealing with the IB Updater Service, security researchers strongly advise the immediate removal of all PUPs associated with the IB Updater Service and then the removal of the IB Updater Service itself with the help of a strong, reliable anti-malware application.
The Disservice of the IB Updater Service
PUPs are generally used to generate revenue at the expense of computer users. PUPs associated with the IB Updater Service are typically installed as Web browser extensions of toolbars that cause several unwanted symptoms on affected computer systems. There are several ways in which PUPs associated with the IB Updater Service may generate revenue on the affected computer. Some of these tactics include the following:
- PUPs associated with the IB Updater Service may generate advertising revenue by displaying pop-up advertisements on the affected Web browser and inserting in-text advertisements and other forms of advertisements into unrelated websites. Other advertisements associated with the IB Updater Service include banner advertisements and sliding advertisements.
- PUPs linked to the IB Updater Service may also generate revenue by redirecting computer users to various low quality websites associated with the IB Updater Service. These websites contain significant low quality advertisements or promote questionable marketing tactics.
- Components linked to the IB Updater Service may also track your online activity and search history and gather private data about your computer and your online habits. This information may be sold to marketers or used directly by PUPs associated with the IB Updater Service to display advertisements on your Web browser or for marketing research purposes.
Infected with IB Updater Service? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect IB Updater Service * SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.