ConnectSo Toolbar Description
The ConnectSo Toolbar is one of the many Web browser toolbars and Potentially Unwanted Programs associated with the infamous Conduit Search engine. This low quality search engine may be related to various Web browser toolbars and PUPs and is known for displaying unreliable search results and attempting to expose computer users to advertising material and known online dishonest tactics. Computer users affected by the ConnectSo Toolbar have reported that their computer has become very difficult to use due to constant pop-ups, browser redirects and severely affected computer and Web browser performance. If the ConnectSo Toolbar is installed on your computer, malware researchers strongly recommend its immediate removal with the help of a strong, efficient and updated security solution.
Problems and Issues Surrounding the ConnectSo Toolbar
Malware researchers have received reports of various problems involving the ConnectSo Toolbar. Some of the signs connected to the ConnectSo Toolbar's presence, most of which are associated with the main purpose of the ConnectSo Toolbar are displayed below:
- The ConnectSo Toolbar may make changes to your Web browser's settings. The ConnectSo Toolbar may change your Web browser's homepage, default search engine and Web browser's security settings.
- The ConnectSo Toolbar may cause system performance issues on the affected Web browser and computer. The ConnectSo Toolbar may cause the affected Web browser to slow down, crash, freeze and present other performance issues. ConnectSo Toolbar may also cause the Web browser to decelerate, taking a long time to load Web pages, decreasing its Internet connectivity speed and using up bandwidth and system resources.
- The ConnectSo Toolbar is designed to generate revenue from advertising. To do this, the ConnectSo Toolbar causes the Web browser to exhibit numerous advertisements. These advertisements interrupt the computer users' normal activities, making the Web browser almost unusable.
- The ConnectSo Toolbar may compromise your privacy, gathering data about your Web browser's activities and your computer's settings. This data may then be sold to a third party in order to carry out marketing research.
Infected with ConnectSo Toolbar? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect ConnectSo Toolbar
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
ConnectSo Toolbar Technical Report
As new ConnectSo Toolbar details are reported by our customers and findings from our Threat Research Center, we will update this section.
URLs, domains, and websites related or accessed by ConnectSo Toolbar (do not visit them):
ConnectSo Toolbar has typically the following processes in memory: