Popcorn Time is a free application that integrates the functionality of a BitTorrent client with that of a media player. Users can download and run Popcorn Time on all of the major platforms such as iOS, macOS, Windows, Android and Linux. Some users may no longer have a need for Popcorn Time, however, and now want to remove it from their devices. To make sure that Popcorn Time is uninstalled completely, follow the guidelines below.
Removing Popcorn Time from a Mac
To ensure that it is running smoothly and without any issues, Popcorn Time creates several service files that will be stored in your Mac's hidden Library folder. Uninstalling the app itself will not remove those files so users will have to deal with them manually.
- If Popcorn Time is running currently, stop the application.
- Open your Applications folder. Select Popcorn Time and move it to the Trash.
- Open Finder. Select the 'Go' menu and choose 'Go to Folder.'
- Type ~/Library and click 'Go.'
- Navigate to the following locations and delete these files and folders:
~/Library/Saved Application State/se.popcorn-time.PopcornTime.savedState
- All that is left is to empty the Trash.
Uninstalling Popcorn Time from a Windows PC
There are multiple methods to get rid of Popcorn Time on a Windows system. One of the easiest is via Control Panel.
- Type control panel in the search box on the taskbar.
- Open the top result.
- Click on 'Uninstall a program' or go to 'Programs' followed by 'Programs and Features.'
- Navigate to Popcorn Time in the list of installed programs.
- Select it and choose 'Uninstall.
- Follow the onscreen instructions until the uninstallation process is completed.
To make sure that no traces of the application are left, search for and remove the following files and folder if any of them are still present on the system: