The Logitech Control Center is the management software that allows users to finetune or modify the behavior of their Logitech mouse devices and the functions associated with available buttons. If, however, you are no longer using a Logitech mouse or the application itself is experiencing issues, you may want to uninstall it completely. Follow the steps outlined below to make sure that the Logitech Control Center has been removed from your Mac system entirely.
Take Advantage of the Native Uninstaller
The first option is to get rid of the application through its native uninstaller.
- Open your Applications folder, go to 'Utilities,' and start 'LCC Uninstaller.app.'
- From the options available in the new window, select 'Uninstall.'
- If prompted, enter your password and click 'OK.'
- Wait for the notification stating that the uninstallation process has finished.
The application should be removed now but you still may want to restart your Mac system just in case. Also, keep in mind that using the native uninstaller is quicker but some residual files associated with the Logitech Control Center may be left behind on the system. To get rid of them try the manual removal method.
Uninstalling the Logitech Control Center Manually
The first steps of the process are the same as when removing any other application - go to your Applications folder, open 'Utilities,' and drag the Logitech Control Center application to the Trash. Although doing so will uninstall the application itself, certain residual or support files might still be present in the hidden Libary folder of the system. To get rid of them, as well, do the following:
- Open Finder and press Commnad+Shift+G on your keyboard.
- Type ~/Libary and press 'Go.'
- Once inside the ~/Libray folder go to the following locations and remove any folders and files associated with the Logitech Control Center:
- Empty the Trash and the Logitech Control Center will be completely gone from your Mac.