Browser hijackers are one of the most favored types of threats distributed via the World Wide Web but are you fully familiar with their capabilities and the dangers they hide? Although browser hijackers associated with Websearch.pur-esult.info are considered not as parasitic as a Trojan, they can create a lot of inconveniences, especially if you don't deal with them accordingly. It is safe to say that browser hijackers are not something that you want on your computer. It can easily prevent you from using the full capabilities of your favorite search engine, for example, especially if you are attempting to find something important on the Web or if most of the time you are browsing the Internet.
The easiest way to get infected with a browser hijacker is to agree to install it as an addition to a free program you've recently downloaded. Just like other threats of this type, a browser hijacker may come as an addition to the installation of a free PDF reader, video converter, audio converter or other software of this kind. To avoid contamination with this threat you should observe the installation process of any free program you've downloaded carefully and look for the following signs:
- Does it ask you to agree to install additional software?
- Does it include more than one license agreement?
- Is there a suspiciously high number of checkboxes?
Noticing any one of these signs, then we strongly advise you to read the text next to the check boxes or 'Accept' buttons for the license agreement carefully. It is very likely that the software is asking you to agree with the installation of other third-party applications that may or may not include a browser hijacker, adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) or other threats.
If you suspect that a browser hijacker has already infected your machine, then there are several symptoms that you need to be on guard for. Malware researchers report that these are some of the top symptoms that systems infected with a browser hijacker associated with Websearch.pur-esult.info have shown:
- Your browser homepage may be set to websites like websearch.pur-esults.info.
- Your browser's default search engine may be changed to search.smartaddressbar.com.
- Your search results may be poisoned, and you'll often see unrelated content or links that usually include nagging advertisements.
- You'll be redirected to websites that you weren't intending on visiting.
- Your home page may display sponsored links and advertisements whose goal is to generate revenue for the ill-intended users that infected your computer.
Websearch.pur-esulti.info's goal is to show you sponsored advertisements and links that will generate revenue when clicked on. Browser hijackers such as the one related to Websearch.pur-esult.info may be used to execute Black Hat SEO strategies whose goal is to help a particular website rank higher on Google's search results.
Keep in mind that removing the application that you intended to install won't get rid of the Websearch.pur-esult.info browser hijacker. The threat will stay on your computer, and your home page and search engine will not be restored to their default settings.
Make sure that you always select the 'Custom Installation' setting when installing free software that comes from an untrusted source. This way you'll take an important step towards protecting your system from browser hijackers, as well as from other PC threats.
It is safe to say that browser hijackers are not something that you want on your computer. It can easily prevent you from using the full capabilities of your favorite search engine, for example, particularly when you are looking for something important on the Web or if most of your time is spent on the Internet.
Infected with Websearch.pur-esults.info? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Websearch.pur-esults.info * SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
File System Details
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
|9||%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\SyeaaRcyh-eNeewTaobb||20|