PC Cleaner Pro 2012 Description
PC Cleaner Pro 2012 advertises itself as a legitimate tool for optimizing your computer system, getting rid of junk files and ensuring that you computer is protected from malware attacks. However, PC Cleaner Pro 2012 performs a fake scan of the user’s computer and then claim to have found severe problems that can only be removed by purchasing a ‘full version’ of the program. PC Cleaner Pro 2012 limits itself to the very basics of scareware, displaying false positives for problems on the victim’s computer and then trying to convince the victim to purchase a registration code for PC Cleaner Pro 2012. While this program can actually be uninstalled through normal means in some cases, it’s recommended that you use a reliable anti-malware program to make sure that there’s no trace of PC Cleaner Pro 2012’s files left on the computer.
Should You Call PC Cleaner Pro 2012’s Telephone Number?
At the top of most of PC Cleaner Pro 2012’s notifications, you will find a message prompting you to call the telephone number (855) 881-1343 in case of any problems. A message prompting the victim to call this number also pops up when trying to uninstall PC Cleaner Pro 2012 through the Add/Remove Programs panel in the Control Panel. If you call this number, you will reach a call center in India, which computer users have reported being ineffectual in solving any problems related with PC Cleaner Pro 2012. Even though PC Cleaner Pro 2012 has a strong online presence, this potentially unwanted application will scan and report false positives to alarm computer users. Some computer users have reported successful removal by closing the advertisement urging that to call the previously mentioned number and then finding a hidden uninstall button on the window which is displayed below, on its right side.
Type: Rogue AntiSpyware Programs
How Can You Detect PC Cleaner Pro 2012?
Download SpyHunter’s Detection Scanner
to Detect PC Cleaner Pro 2012.
PC Cleaner Pro 2012 Technical Report
As new PC Cleaner Pro 2012 details are reported by our customers and findings from our Threat Research Center, we will update this section.
Fake message for PC Cleaner Pro 2012:
The following fake error message(s) appears for PC Cleaner Pro 2012:
Warning! 6743 problems require attention.
PC Cleaner Pro has found the following problems that can decrease your computer’s performance and compromise its security. Click “Fix All” to to take care of these now!
PC Cleaner Pro 2012 Removal Details
PC Cleaner Pro 2012 has typically the following processes in memory:
- %Program Files%\PC Cleaner Pro 2012\PC Cleaner Pro 2012.exe
- %ProgramFiles%\PC Cleaners\PCCleaners.exe
PC Cleaner Pro 2012 creates the following files in the system:
- %UserProfile%\Desktop\PC Cleaner Pro 2012.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\PC Cleaner Pro 2012.lnk
- %CommonPrograms%\PC Cleaners\PC Cleaner Pro.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\PC Cleaner Pro 2012\PC Cleaner Pro 2012.lnk
- %DesktopDir%\PC Cleaner Pro.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\PC Cleaner Pro 2012\Help.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\PC Cleaner Pro 2012\Registration.lnk
PC Cleaner Pro 2012 creates the following registry entries:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run!PC Cleaners
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PC Cleaners