Malabu Ransomware Description
The Malabu Ransomware receives its name because it seems to be delivered in an executable file named 'MALABU-X.exe,' which may be sent to the victim through a corrupted email attachment that downloads and installs it using compromised scripts. Like most ransomware Trojans active currently, the Malabu Ransomware uses a combination of the AES and RSA encryptions to encrypt the victim's files. The Malabu Ransomware does this to take the victim's files hostage, demanding a payment of about $500 USD in BitCoins as a ransom. PC security researchers are against paying the Malabu Ransomware ransom, instead advising computer users to take preventive measures to ensure that their files are well protected against the Malabu Ransomware and similar ransomware Trojans.
A Short Explanation about the Malabu Ransomware Infection
The Malabu Ransomware encrypts victims' the files using a strong encryption algorithm. The files encrypted in the Malabu Ransomware attack can be identified because the file extension '.fucked' will be added to the end of the files' names. This file extension has been observed in various other previous ransomware Trojan attacks. However, it seems that the Malabu Ransomware does not have a direct connection to other ransomware Trojans that use this same file extension. The Malabu Ransomware's attack is highly effective and the files affected in the Malabu Ransomware attack will not be recoverable. Because of this, having file backups is an extremely important part of preventing these attacks. The Malabu Ransomware will encrypt numerous file types in its attack, including the following:
.3GP, .7Z, .APK, .AVI, .BMP, .CDR, .CER, .CHM, .CONF, .CSS, .CSV, .DAT, .DB, .DBF, .DJVU, .DBX, .DOCM, ,DOC, .EPUB, .DOCX .FB2, .FLV, .GIF, .GZ, .ISO .IBOOKS,.JPEG, .JPG, .KEY, .MDB .MD2, .MDF, .MHT, .MOBI .MHTM, .MKV, .MOV, .MP3, .MP4, .MPG .MPEG, .PICT, .PDF, .PPS, .PKG, .PNG, .PPT .PPTX, .PPSX, .PSD, .RAR, .RTF, .SCR, .SWF, .SAV, .TIFF, .TIF, .TBL, .TORRENT, .TXT, .VSD, .WMV, .XLS, .XLSX, .XPS, .XML, .CKP, .ZIP, .JAVA, .PY, .ASM, .C, .CPP, .CS, .JS, .PHP, .DACPAC, .RBW, .RB, .MRG, .DCX, .DB3, .SQL, .SQLITE3, .SQLITE, .SQLITEDB, .PSD, .PSP, .PDB, .DXF, .DWG, .DRW, .CASB, .CCP, .CAL, .CMX, .CR2.
How the Malabu Ransomware may be Delivered and Its Demanded Ransom Payment
The Malabu Ransomware may be delivered using corrupted email attachments. However, it seems that the Malabu Ransomware's distribution methods are not as well established as ransomware Trojans with a longer history. However, the Malabu Ransomware attack itself is still quite effective. After encrypting the victim's files using its strong encryption algorithm, the Malabu Ransomware will demand a ransom payment from the victim by displaying the following ransom note on the infected computer:
'YOUR WINDOW IS HACKED
ALL YOUR FILES, DOCUMENTS, DATAS, VIDEOS, PICTURES, MP3s ARE ENCRYPTED. YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN IS ALSO LOCKED.
YOU'VE BEEN HACKED WITH the Malabu Ransomware.
YOU WILL PAY US $500 INTO OUR BITCOIN ADDRESS BELOW AND WE WILL GIVE YOU THE KEY TO DECRYPT, AND YOU WILL GET YOUR FILES BACK. AFTER 48 HRS, YOU WILL PAY $1000 MORE. WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK.. IF YOU DELAY, YOU LOOSE ALL
[Hide More Details]
(1) LOOK FOR BITCOIN SERVICES ONLINE
(2) REGISTER AND GET A BITCOIN WALLET
(3) BUY $500 BITCOIN ONLINE
(4) PAY INTO OUR BITCOIN ADDRESS ABOVE(IN YELLOW)
(5) PAY WITHIN 48 HOURS OR YOU WILL PAY $1000 AFTER
(6) FAILURE TO PAY WITHIN A WEEK MAKES YOU TO LOOSE ALL
(7) SEND YOUR PAYMENT DETAILS TO OUR EMAIL
(8) WE WILL GIVE YOU THE KEY TO DECRYPT \ REMOVE THE MALWARE
ENTER KEY [TEXTBOX] [Decrypt]'
Dealing with the Malabu Ransomware
PC security experts strongly advise computer users against paying the Malabu Ransomware ransom. The people behind the attack, very rarely, will respond emails and will often ask the victim for additional payments or ignore the victim outright. Instead, having backup copies of all files can facilitate recovery, as well as to nullify the strategy of the attack carried out by the Malabu Ransomware's creators completely.
Infected with Malabu Ransomware? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter's Spyware Scanner
to Detect Malabu Ransomware * SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.