Major Defense Kit Description
Major Defense Kit is a fake security application. Major Defense Kit can be downloaded and installed onto a user’s machine by a stealthy Trojan. On infiltrating a system, Major Defense Kit will run a fake system scan and report the detection of dangerous malware. Then the user will be prompted to pay for the “licensed version” of Major Defense Kit in order to remove all the detected malware. All scan reports and security alerts displayed by Major Defense Kit are fabricated and users should not believe them. Instead use a reliable security tool to remove Major Defense Kit as soon as possible.
Type: Rogue AntiSpyware Programs
How Can You Detect Major Defense Kit?
Major Defense Kit Removal Details
Major Defense Kit has typically the following processes in memory:
Major Defense Kit creates the following files in the system:
- %UserProfile%\Application Data\PAV\
Major Defense Kit creates the following registry entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnPostRedirect” = “0″
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%UserProfile%\Application Data\antispy.exe”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnonBadCertRecving” = “0″
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce “SelfdelNT”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “tmp”