InstallCore DescriptionInstallCore is an adware extension that has been classified as a Potentially Unwanted Program by PC security analysts. There are many unwanted behaviors that are caused by InstallCore. Some of these may include the following:
- Irritating, repetitive pop-up advertisements on the affected browser.
- Web browser redirects to Web pages that contain suspicious, potentially damaging content.
- Sudden appearance on the affected Web browser without being installed by the affected computer user.
InstallCore may be bundled with free software, included as a browser plug-in or toolbar that may be installed along with the free software unless the computer user explicitly opts out. Unfortunately, it may be a difficult process to opt out of InstallCore and similar adware when installing new programs. In many cases, computer users have to use custom or advanced installation to ensure that only the software that they want is installed and that no additional components or PUPs like InstallCore are included in the installation.
Many anti-malware programs may not identify InstallCore because it's a low-level threat. Because of this, security software may not prevent PC users from installing InstallCore. In many cases, computer users may not realize there is a problem until their Web browser starts bombarding them with advertisements and starts redirecting them to low-quality websites against their will. Although some computer users may find InstallCore useful, any benefit that may be derived from using this PUP is outweighed by the many unwanted behaviors that InstallCore causes on affected computers.
What is the Meaning of InstallCore and PUPs with Similar Characteristics
InstallCore makes unwanted changes to the Windows Registry and affected browser's settings. Some of these changes may include the following:
- InstallCore may change the affected Web browser's default search engine and homepage automatically.
- InstallCore may add advertisements to websites viewed on the affected Web browser.
- InstallCore may lower the affected Web browser's security settings and change the affected computer's settings so as to start up automatically when the computer users starts up Windows.
- Changes to the affected computer's settings that make it difficult to remove InstallCore from the affected PC.
InstallCore may be difficult to remove because of various strategies, such as remaining on the affected PC even after the computer user has uninstalled InstallCore. One problem that has been reported regarding InstallCore is the fact that InstallCore may return if not uninstalled correctly.
Dealing with InstallCore and Similar PUPs
Browser extensions like InstallCore are used for one purpose only: to make money at the expense of PC users. Despite the fact that InstallCore is promoted as a way of gaining extra functions on a Web browser, many of these special offers are questionable or require that computer users fill out suspicious surveys or visit suspicious websites. InstallCore may display numerous advertisements and unwanted content on the affected browser, making it extremely difficult to use and quickly becoming irritating. InstallCore may insert banner advertisements and in-text links on Web pages viewed on the affected browser. This PUP may also cause the affected browser to display pop-up windows and cause numerous performance issues. For example, affected Web browsers may freeze, crash or slow down significantly, often failing to load Web pages entirely. InstallCore may also affect search engines used on the affected browser, making them display advertisements rather than real, useful search results. PC security researchers advise removing InstallCore with the help of a reliable, fully updated anti-malware program capable of detecting and removing PUPs. Once InstallCore has been removed, computer users should restore any settings changed by this PUP to their defaults.
Infected with InstallCore? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect InstallCore
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.