Iminent SearchTheWeb or Search.iminent.com Description
Search.iminent.com is a low-quality search engine that is associated with browser hijackers. Most of the time, computer users being directed to Search.iminent.com's web page because of a browser toolbar included in the installation of a freeware application. Although Search.iminent.com itself is not particularly dangerous, browser hijackers will commonly be associated with other threats. They will also cause unwanted behavior on their user's computer. At best, browser hijackers associated with Search.iminent.com can be an annoyance while, at their worse, they can make your computer more vulnerable to PC infections and expose your computer to various online threats. Because of this, ESG security researchers advise the removal of any toolbars associated with Search.iminent.com. Browser redirects are typically a symptom of a PC infection and should be treated as symptoms of a threat on your computer.
The Search.iminent.com Web Page
The Search.iminent.com web page is designed like most simple search engines. It features a simple white background, with the option for the computer user to change colors or designs, as well as icons for four common online destinations: YouTube, Facebook, MSN, and Gmail. Although Iminent is not considered a dangerous toolbar, many PC security analysts consider it a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP). This is because Search.iminent.com makes changes to your computer's settings and to your web browser that can be difficult to undo and that are often not approved by the computer user. Most importantly, the Iminent toolbar, which causes redirects to the Search.iminent.com website, may often be installed in a bundle with a freeware application and difficult to remove through normal means.
Suspicious Issues Associated with Search.iminent.com
Although the Search.iminent.com web page is not considered malicious on its own, the Iminent toolbar has various suspicious behaviors that require addressing:
- The Iminent toolbar may change your web browser's default search engine to Search.iminent.com.
- The Iminent toolbar may change your web browser's home page to Search.iminent.com.
- Computer users that have installed the Iminent toolbar may also find that their web browser takes them to the Search.iminent.com web page unexpectedly and occasionally displays pop-up windows containing advertisements.
- The Iminent toolbar may also negatively affect system performance and connection speed.
Infected with Iminent SearchTheWeb or Search.iminent.com? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Iminent SearchTheWeb or Search.iminent.com
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
Screenshots & Other Imagery
File System Details
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
|10||%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\mdgkfajodaliacghnafobjnclblcfmlm||25|
More Details on Iminent SearchTheWeb or Search.iminent.com