Home.sweetim.com DescriptionFree smilies, emoticons, and toolbars for your web browser are common delivery vehicles for malware. In fact, the presence of these kinds of applications will usually indicate to PC security analysts that a computer is infected with malware. This is because these kinds of components are often used to target inexperienced computer users whose online interactions are usually limited to social media websites and instant messaging. Since these kinds of tools can often be attractive to these kinds of computer users, and they are also less likely to use effective, fully-updated anti-malware software, criminals specifically use them to deliver malware frequently. The Home.sweetim.com website is associated with SweetIM, often advertised as an emoticon pack.
SweetIM advertisements are often found on websites with unsafe or poorly-overseen advertisements. Installing the SweetIM emoticons will install a web browser toolbar that includes a browser hijacker that leads to websites such as Home.sweetim.com and Search.sweetim.com. These websites promote SweetIM while at the same time containing search functions and numerous sponsored advertisements. These allow unscrupulous marketers to gain enormous profits through advertisement revenue and pay per click marketing schemes. If your web browser is coercing you to access Home.sweetim.com repeatedly, it is highly likely that your computer has become infected with a browser hijacker associated with SweetIM. Steps should be taken to erase this infection with a competent anti-malware program.
Home.sweetim.com is Closely Related to Browser Hijacking Malware
Browser hijackers come in many varieties, including some that are limited to a particular web browser and those that involve a full-fledged malware attack with rootkit techniques. Fortunately, browser hijackers associated with Home.sweetim.com seem to be limited to a malicious web browser toolbar. The main problem with browser hijackers linked to Home.sweetim.com or in the toolbar reinstalling itself on its own. Because of this, a strong anti-malware program should be used to remove both the browser hijacker itself and revert any changes it may have made to the infected computer's system settings and Windows Registry.
Some symptoms of Home.sweetim.com-related hijacks include the following:
- The infected web browser's homepage has been changed to Home.sweetim.com.
- The infected web browser will display Home.sweetim.com in a pop-up window.
- The victim will be forced to visit Home.sweetim.com after clicking on an unrelated link or at random intervals.
Infected with Home.sweetim.com? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Home.sweetim.com
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.