CrossReader is a Potentially Unwanted Program that is typically responsible for a wide variety of symptoms on affected computers. Computer users have reported that CrossReader may cause system performance issues, interfere with the affected Web browser, and result in the display of irritating advertisements or other type of unwanted content on the affected Web browser. Therefore, security experts intensely suggest that computer users avoid CrossReader and remove this PUP infection if CrossReader has already been installed on their Web browser.
The Consequences of the Presence of this Web Browser Extension and Toolbar
CrossReader is usually installed as a plug-in for the victim's Web browser. CrossReader may affect Web browsers on the Windows operating system, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. In most cases, CrossReader will be presented as an attractive and useful Web browser extension and toolbar. However, CrossReader does not offer any kind of useful or desirable service. Although it is possible that CrossReader may have some legitimate uses, malware analysts consider that the many unwanted symptoms and problems related to CrossReader mean that CrossReader's advantages do not worth its downside.
CrossReader is closely associated with a wide variety of problems on affected computers. The following are issues associated with CrossReader:
- CrossReader may cause Web browser performance issues, that may cause Web pages to load very slowly, the Web browser to crash or freeze and slow down your Web browser considerably.
- CrossReader has adware capabilities. CrossReader is closely related to a wide variety of irritating advertisements that appear on the affected Web browser or operating system in an attempt to induce innocent PC users into clicking on suspicious links.
- CrossReader may make unwanted changes to your Web browser. Affected computer users have reported that CrossReader may change the Web browser's homepage and default search engine.
- CrossReader may compromise your privacy. This is due to the fact that CrossReader may keep track of your online activity and then relay this information to a third party.
Infected with CrossReader? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect CrossReader
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
File System Details