BetterSurf pop-ups target computers affected by PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs). PUPs associated with BetterSurf may affect most Web browsers on Windows, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. BetterSurf pop-ups are usually associated with Web browser toolbars, adware or browser hijackers. There are numerous problems that may be associated with BetterSurf, including pop-up windows, browser redirects, performance issues and changes to the affected Web browsers. Problems related to BetterSurf indicate that it is necessary to remove a PUP infection from the affected computer as soon as possible.
Using BetterSurf, marketers may generate revenue using some of the tactics listed below:
- BetterSurf may cause pop-up advertisements on affected computers. BetterSurf has also been associated with several other forms of marketing on affected Web browsers. Some of the advertisements associated with BetterSurf may include sliding advertisements, banners and pop-up advertisements. In-text links associated with BetterSurf may consist in highlighted words on unrelated websites that display BetterSurf pop-ups whenever computer users pass their mouse cursor over the highlighted text.
- BetterSurf uses browser hijacking tactics to take over the victim's Web browser and force it to visit certain low-quality websites. These browser redirects are designed to promote certain Web pages, increasing their page ranking and Web traffic. The increase in these stats translates directly into higher advertising revenues at the expense of victims of BetterSurf.
- BetterSurf can keep track of your online activities, save your browsing and search history and gather data about your computer settings. This information may be sold to marketers to generate advertisement revenue, carry out marketing research and deliver advertisements to your Web browser.
BetterSurf should be removed with the help of a reliable anti-malware application. Although BetterSurf may be uninstalled using Windows, some components associated with BetterSurf may remain behind, making it important to scan the affected computer to remove any unwanted components associated with BetterSurf.
Infected with BetterSurf? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect BetterSurf
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
File System Details
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
|2||%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\mmifolfpllfdhilecpdpmemhelmanajl||93|
|3||%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\dedmngkbaffkenlfdcbganndoghblmap||85|
More Details on BetterSurf