Antivirus v8 Description
Antivirus v8 is a fake anti-virus application created for malicious purposes. Antivirus v8 is installed onto computers by stealthy Trojans. When inside a machine, Antivirus v8 will produce several security alerts and pop-ups stating that the system is infected. Then the user will be prompted to purchase the full version of Antivirus v8 in order to remove the detected infections. This is a scam; Antivirus v8 cannot detect or remove computer infections. Do not purchase Antivirus v8; instead remove it from your PC immediately.
Type: Rogue Anti-Virus Program
How Can You Detect Antivirus v8?
Antivirus v8 Removal Details
Antivirus v8 has typically the following processes in memory:
- %Program Files%\AV\Antivirusv8.exe
Antivirus v8 creates the following files in the system:
- %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Desktop\Antivirusv8.lnk
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\AV\Uninstall.lnk
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\AV\Antivirusv8.lnk
Antivirus v8 creates the following registry entries:
- “Content Type”=”application/x-msdownload”