Adware.Adpeak DescriptionAdware.Adpeak is a detection name that will typically identify a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) present on the infected computer. Some examples of PUPs that are detected as Adware.Adpeak by various security applications include Level Quality Watcher and Scorpion Saver. PUPs detected as Adware.Adpeak are commonly adware infections that are used to generate advertisement-related revenue by displaying constant pop-up advertisements on the affected computer and causing a wide variety of symptoms meant to expose computer users to marketing-related content. It is important to note that Adware.Adpeak is technically not threatening, despite the fact that Adware.Adpeak often is mistakenly referred to as a virus. However, this does not mean that Adware.Adpeak is entirely benign. PUPs like Adware.Adpeak may cause numerous problems on affected computer systems and be just as disruptive as many types of threats. Security researchers strongly advise computer users to remove Adware.Adpeak immediately with the help of a reliable security application.
The Main Goal of Adware.Adpeak is to Display Pop-Up Advertisements
The most common sources of an Adware.Adpeak infection are usually freeware or shareware programs downloaded from questionable software distribution websites. These are often bundled with PUPs as a way of profiting at the expense of computer users. In many cases, the computer users themselves may also download Adware.Adpeak, because they have been tricked into believing that Adware.Adpeak is a useful browser extension. The following are common problems that have been associated with Adware.Adpeak:
- Adware.Adpeak may make unwanted changes to your Web browser settings, often making it more vulnerable to attack, changing its homepage and changing the affected Web browser's default search engine.
- Adware.Adpeak may cause the appearance of pop-up advertisements and on affected Web browsers. Adware.Adpeak may also add in-text advertisements, banners and other marketing material to unrelated websites.
- Adware.Adpeak may cause irritating, constant Web browser redirects to its associated websites. These may force computer users to visit certain potentially unsafe websites repeatedly.
Aliases: Adware.Adpeak (fs) [VIPRE], AdWare.Win32.Adpeak [Ikarus], Adware:Win32/Adpeak [Microsoft], PUP.Optional.Adpeak [Malwarebytes] and TROJ_GEN.F47V1112 [TrendMicro-HouseCall].
Infected with Adware.Adpeak? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Adware.Adpeak
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
Our MalwareTracker shows malware activity across the world. Explore real-time data of Adware.Adpeak outbreaks and other threats from global to local level.
File System Details
Adware.Adpeak creates the following file(s):
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
Adware.Adpeak creates the following registry entry or registry entries: