The 123srv.com URL is associated with irritating pop-ups that have been linked to Potentially Unwanted Programs. 123srv.com pop-ups are particularly harmful because they will actively try to convince computer users to download and install PUPs onto their computer. For example, 123srv.com advertisements may appear in the form of a fake error message claiming that the victim's Web browser is outdated. Inexperienced computer users may accept to download a fake Web browser update, installing PUPs on their computer (or, in some cases, more unsafe components).
Why PUPs Like 123srv.com are Created
PUPs associated with 123srv.com may be presented as Web browser extensions or toolbars that are installed automatically. Many of these components are installed by bundling them with low quality freeware. When computer users install the freeware program, they may rush through the installation procedure and end up accepting the installation of a PUP linked to 123srv.com on their computer, even though the option to opt out is usually present. Because of this, computer users may avoid PUPs linked to 123srv.com by installing all software carefully and using Custom Installation to only install the components they want.
Issues that may be Linked to 123srv.com
123srv.com may be linked to a variety of problems on affected computers, including the examples below:
- 123srv.com advertisements may try to mislead computer users into clicking on potentially harmful links or installing PUPs on their computers.
- PUPs linked to 123srv.com may cause a wide variety of performance issues such as crashing, freezing and slow Internet connectivity.
- 123srv.com advertisements may appear frequently and interrupt the computer users activities. 123srv.com advertisements may be irritating and disruptive and cause the affected Web browser to become nearly unusable.
- 123srv.com advertisements may appear in a large number of pop-up windows or new tabs, consuming system resources and causing the entire computer to slow down.
Infected with 123srv.com? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect 123srv.com
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.