Tika-search.com is a suspicious search engine closely linked to PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs) that take the form of Web browser toolbars, extensions or add-ons designed to expose affected PC users to advertising and generate marketing revenue at the expense of affected PC users. Components linked to Tika-search.com may cause many irritating symptoms and various issues on the affected computer. Because to this, security researchers strongly advise affected PC users to remove any browser toolbars on their computer that may be linked to Tika-search.com in some way. Tika-search.com redirects and other Tika-search.com-related issues should be regarded as symptoms of a possible problem on the affected computer.
Issues Linked to Tika-search.com
There have been many issues linked to Tika-search.com. Among these are included the following:
- Browser toolbars linked to Tika-search.com may cause redirects. This means that affected victims trying to access unrelated websites or Web pages are forced to visit Tika-search.com instead. Tika-search.com redirects may happen after someone tries to use a legitimate search engine on the affected Web browser. When this occurs, the PUP will force the victim to visit Tika-search.com, trying to trick inexperienced victims into carrying out their search again using this low-quality search engine.
- Browser toolbars linked to Tika-search.com has been known to change the affected Web browser's preferences. Common changes linked to Tika-search.com include unauthorized altering of the victim's homepage to Tika-search.com, decreasing the affected Web browser's security settings and establishing the Tika-search.com website as the affected Web browser's default search page.
- Tika-search.com may also show up in pop-up windows. Browser toolbars linked to Tika-search.com may cause a variety of pop-ups, including error messages, advertisements and the Tika-search.com Web page itself.
- Browser toolbars linked to Tika-search.com may cause performance issues on the affected computer. Affected victims have reported that PUPs linked to Tika-search.com may cause a Web browser to slow down and freeze frequently. Many of these issues may show up as supposed Internet connectivity issues, such as Web pages taking too long to load.
Infected with Tika-search.com? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Tika-search.com * SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
File System Details
|#||File Name||Detection Count|