Search.starburnsoftware.com is a low quality search engine that is associated with browser redirects caused by a browser hijacker. Visiting Search.starburnsoftware.com, computer users will find a blank web page. Criminals have not even bothered to give Search.starburnsoftware.com a convincing interface or an attractive logo. The page is a search box is placed in the center of the page. If you find that your computer is forcing you to visit Search.starburnsoftware.com repeatedly, this is a sign that your computer has become infected with a browser hijacker associated with this website. ESG security researchers advise removing malware associated with Search.starburnsoftware.com with the aid of a anti-malware program. Since these browser redirects may be caused by a rootkit infection, the computer user will need the help of an anti-rootkit tool to stop the appearance of Search.starburnsoftware.com-related browser redirects on the infected computer.
Like nearly all websites, Search.starburnsoftware.com generates revenue through online advertising and pay-per-click marketing. Unfortunately, while most websites provide useful services or interesting content to ensure that visitors view their advertisements and click on their links, Search.starburnsoftware.com is promoted with browser hijackers. In the case of Search.starburnsoftware.com, computer users simply have no option but to visit Search.starburnsoftware.com against their will. This happens as a result of a browser hijacker been a malware infection that takes over the infected web browser and forces it to visit certain websites, open pop-up windows or changes its settings without authorization. While browser redirects can occur due to various mechanisms, the most common involves altering the infected computer's HOSTS file, an important system file that determines how a that computer connects to the Internet. By taking advantage of the many people forced to visit Search.starburnsoftware.com, criminals can generate considerable revenue while not having to create content to attract computer users to their website.
Apart from redirects to Search.starburnsoftware.com, other symptoms linked to threats associated with Search.starburnsoftware.com include the following:
- The appearance of Search.starburnsoftware.com in pop-up windows.
- Changing the infected web browser's home page to Search.starburnsoftware.com.
- Changing the infected web browser's default search engine and favorite websites to Search.starburnsoftware.com.
- Poor system performance and connection speed.
Infected with Search.starburnsoftware.com? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Search.starburnsoftware.com * SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.