Privacy Corrector Description
Privacy Corrector is a fake security tool that claims to detect, repair or remove system errors and malware threats. Privacy Corrector is distributed via sneaky Trojans or malicious websites disguised as legitimate entities. Once Privacy Corrector is installed and executed it will simulate a system scan that automatically reports the detection of several malware threats and dangerous system errors. Following the scan report, Privacy Corrector will claim to have fixed a few of the errors but will urge a user to purchase its full version in order to remove the remaining dangerous threats.
Privacy Corrector (PrivacyCorrector) uses the same scare tactics as its relative Privacy Guard 2010 which includes the display of fake security alerts and pop-up warnings. Do not believe any of the security notifications displayed by this rogue; they are all fabricated and part of a scam to coerce you into purchasing illegitimate and useless security software.
Type: Rogue AntiSpyware Programs
How Can You Detect Privacy Corrector?
Privacy Corrector Removal Details
Privacy Corrector has typically the following processes in memory:
- C:\Program Files\PC\Privacy Corrector\Privacy Corrector.exe
Privacy Corrector creates the following files in the system:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Privacy Corrector\
- C:\Program Files\PC\Privacy Corrector\1.ico
- C:\Program Files\PC\Privacy Corrector
Privacy Corrector creates the following registry entries:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Protect = PrivacyCorrector.exe
- EnableLUA = 0×00000000 ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin = 0×00000000 ConsentPromptBehaviorUser = 0×00000000
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PC\Privacy Corrector