The Portaldosites.com Web page is a low quality search engine that uses a layout that is intended to imitate Google. However, the similarity ends there; Portaldosites.com is designed to deliver sponsored search results and has come to the attention of PC security researchers because of its association with browser hijackers. Browser hijackers associated with Portaldosites.com disrupt a computer user's normal activity by directing them to this website repeatedly against their will. Portaldosites.com is associated with adware and browser extensions that can keep track of your online activity in order to deliver advertisements.
Understanding Portaldosites.com and Its Association with PUPs
PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs) are often installed on the victim's computer after attempting to install a freeware program. These often take the form of Web browser toolbars of extensions. Once installed, they make unwanted changes to the infected computer's Web browser settings in order to force the computer user to visit a particular website repeatedly. In this case, these PUPs are used to force computer users to visit Portaldosites.com repeatedly. If your Web browser is forcing you to visit Portaldosites.com repeatedly or if you find that your Web browser settings have been changed in association with the Portaldosites.com website (such as changing your homepage to Portaldosites.com without permission), then it is almost certain that your PC has become infected with a browser hijacker associated with the Portaldosites.com website.
Symptoms of Browser Hijackers Associated with Portaldosites.com
The Portaldosites.com website itself is not particularly dangerous. This website is mainly designed to deliver search results that are interspersed with large quantities of advertisements or sponsored search results. However, browser hijackers associated with Portaldosites.com can cause a variety of symptoms, including the following:
- The infected computer's performance may be severely affected. Browser hijackers associated with Portaldosites.com can cause the victim's connection to the Internet to slow down considerably.
- The main symptom of these kinds of infections is the appearance of frequent redirects to the Portaldosites.com website. These can occur after clicking on an unrelated link, entering an URL into the address bar, or attempting to execute an online search on a genuine search engine.
One of the initial symptoms of these kinds of infections is an unauthorized change to the affected Web browser's homepage. Attempting to undo this change is useless unless the PUP associated with Portaldosites.com is removed completely.
Infected with Portaldosites.com? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Portaldosites.com
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.