Lyrics Party Description
Lyrics Party is a PUP, or Potentially Unwanted Program. Lyrics Party may be installed on the affected PC as a browser toolbar, extension or plug-in. After Lyrics Party is installed, Lyrics Party may make various unwanted changes to the affected browser's settings. Lyrics Party is used to generate advertising revenue at the expense of victims. It is important to realize that any perceived benefits from Lyrics Party are heavily outweighed by the various unwanted effects Lyrics Party has on the affected PC. It is also important to note that Lyrics Party may be extremely irritating, disrupting normal activities on the affected browser in order to display advertisements. If Lyrics Party is installed on your PC, malware analysts strongly advise that victims use a reliable anti-virus program to ensure that the affected PCs have not become exposed to any potentially unsafe online content.
The Consequences of Having Lyrics Party Installed on Your Computer
If you have problems connected to Lyrics Party, this indicates that this PUP is installed on your browser. The following are common problems that have been connected to Lyrics Party:
- Lyrics Party will take over the victim's browser, causing it to visit Web pages connected to Lyrics Party repeatedly. This is commonly known as browser hijacking.
- Lyrics Party also has characteristics of adware, displaying numerous types of advertisements on the affected browser (including pop-up advertisements and adding in-text advertisements into unrelated Web pages).
- Lyrics Party may be connected to components that may compromise your privacy by tracking your online activities. This data may then be sold to questionable advertising companies that may then use it to display advertisements on affected PCs or using PUPs similar to Lyrics Party.
Removing Lyrics Party from an Affected PC
If Lyrics Party is installed on your PC, malware analysts strongly advise removing Lyrics Party immediately. The removal of Lyrics Party can be performed using the Control Panel. After Lyrics Party is uninstalled, it will still be necessary to use a reliable anti-virus program to make sure that no potentially unreliable content remains on the affected PC. It may be necessary to undo unwanted changes Lyrics Party makes to the PC's browser – for example, in many cases computer users may need to restore their default homepage and default search engine settings manually in their Web browser settings.
Infected with Lyrics Party? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Lyrics Party
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
File System Details
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|