Internet Security Suite Description
Despite its name and convincing appearance, Internet Security Suite is a fake anti-virus program that enters a computer system via a Trojan infection. Fake security applications like Internet Security Suite are known as rogue anti-virus programs and make up a known malware scam that claims a large number of victims every day. Internet Security Suite deliberately causes a number of problems on the victim’s computer system posing as a reliable anti-virus program and offers to fix them as soon as the victim purchases a useless registration code for this fake security program. Since Internet Security Suite has absolutely no way of removing or detecting viruses and is actually a malware infection itself, ESG security researchers strongly advise against purchasing Internet Security Suite or heeding any of its warnings. Instead, the correct course of action is to remove Internet Security Suite using a reliable anti-malware program and ensuring that no traces of malware associated with Internet Security Suite remain on your computer system.
Recognizing an Internet Security Suite Infection
Unlike many malware infections, recognizing an Internet Security Suite infection is not difficult. This is because Internet Security Suite does not want to remain hidden. Instead, Internet Security Suite only hides the fact that Internet Security Suite is the cause of most of the problems on the victim’s computer system. Computer users will often be greeted with a large splash screen and fake scan of their computer system and pestered with fake security alerts and error messages claiming that the victim’s computer is severely infected and that Internet Security Suite can remove the problems as long as the victim purchases a full version (which is, of course, useless). If your computer system has become compromised, you may find that many of your files are no longer there (do not worry, they are not deleted, just set to ‘hidden’) and you may also find that your regular security programs have been blocked. Internet Security Suite also blocks task manager and access to any websites not related to Internet Security Suite.
Type: Rogue AntiSpyware Programs
How Can You Detect Internet Security Suite?
Download SpyHunter’s Detection Scanner
to Detect Internet Security Suite.
Internet Security Suite Removal Details
Internet Security Suite creates the following registry entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun “Internet Security Suite”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerDownload “RunInvalidSignatures = “1″
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesExplorer “DisallowRun” = “1″
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings “ProxyEnable” = “1″
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet Explorer “PRS” = “http://127.0.0.1:27777/?inj=%ORIGINAL%”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings5.0User AgentPost Platform “Version/10.02129″
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerDownload “CheckExeSignatures” = “no”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings “ProxyServer” = “http=127.0.0.1:25437″
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun “Smart Engine”