Feed.helperbar.com DescriptionThere have been reports of browser hijackers leading computer users to the Feed.helperbar.com website. These adware infections have been associated with Babylon. Typically, PC threats associated with Feed.helperbar.com is downloaded and installed through a freeware application that has been bundled with a Web browser toolbar. While computer users can usually opt out from installing these kinds of Web browser extensions, they will often not do so because of ignorance or carelessness. Browser hijackers associated with Feed.helperbar.com can infect most major Web browsers on the market, and their main focus is to generate advertising revenue by forcing computer users to visit specific websites (such as Feed.helperbar.com) repeatedly. Feed.helperbar.com itself is a low quality search engine with advertisements and links leading to undesirable sites.
Symptoms Associated with Feed.helperbar.com Redirects
Typically, browser hijackers associated with Feed.helperbar.com will cause a variety of symptoms on the victim's computer. All of these symptoms should be taken seriously and prompt removal of the infection with the help of a reliable anti-malware tool. If your computer is displaying any of the symptoms described below, it is highly probable that you have become the victim of a browser hijacker infection:
- Browser hijackers may change your homepage and default search engine to Feed.helperbar.com without your authorization. This is one of the most common and visible symptoms of these kinds of threats and will often be the symptom that alerts the victim that something is wrong with his computer.
- Browser hijackers associated with Feed.helperbar.com may redirect computer users to this low quality search engine or to a variety of other low quality Web pages similar to Feed.helperbar.com. These redirects can occur after performing an online search, clicking on a web link, opening a new tab or entering an address into your Web browser's address bar.
- Feed.helperbar.com and browser hijackers associated with this website contain components that are designed to keep track of your online activity.
- Browser hijackers like those associated with Feed.helperbar.com may typically cause the appearance of high numbers of advertisements on the victim's computer. These advertisements may appear in pop-up windows or regular websites may appear to display a higher than normal number of advertisements. Usually, clicking on these advertisements may expose you to malicious content or lead you to websites promoting known online scams.
Infected with Feed.helperbar.com? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Feed.helperbar.com
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.