Enhanced Results Description
Enhanced Results is a Potentially Unwanted Program that causes the appearance of a suspicious box in your Google Search results. This box, marked as 'Enhanced Results', claims to contain additional results for your searches. However, these supposed 'results' are nothing more than advertisements and marketing material inserted into the Google website by a PUP present on your Web browser. The Enhanced Results PUP is a Web browser toolbar, extension or plug-in that may affect most Web browsers on the Windows operating system, including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Generally, the Enhanced Results box will try to confuse you by claiming that Enhanced Results is associated with Google. It is important to understand that Enhanced Results is a third party program that has no official affiliation with this search engine. Consequently, security analysts strongly endorse PC users to avoid using Enhanced Results and to remove this PUP if Enhanced Results is already installed on your Web browser.
What Enhanced Results will Enhance is the Possibility of Problems
The main purpose of Enhanced Results is to profit at your expense, often by exposing you to potentially corrupted advertising content. Some of the most important problems surrounding Enhanced Results include the following:
- Enhanced Results may cause performance issues on the affected computer. Web browsers affected by Enhanced Results may slow down, crash frequently, freeze or refuse to respond.
- Enhanced Results may compromise your privacy. This occurs because Enhanced Results may save information about your online searches, browsing habits and computer settings. This information is then relayed by Enhanced Results to a third party that may use it for marketing research. However, this information may be occasionally sold to criminals that may then use it for harmful purposes.
- Enhanced Results may be associated with various other PUPs which may hijack browsers, display advertisements and spy on your activity. It is rare when only a single PUP or threat attacks a computer and these may attack in mass, associated with each other and causing numerous problems simultaneously.
Infected with Enhanced Results? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Enhanced Results * SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.