Default-Search.net is a low-grade search engine that has been correlated with Potentially Unwanted Program infections. Default-Search.net is linked to Web browser redirects, changes to affected Web browser settings and a large number of other threat-like behaviors on affected computers. If your computer is presenting symptoms associated with Default-Search.net, security researchers strongly advise the removal of any PUPs installed on your computer. PUPs associated with Default-Search.net are usually bundled with low quality freeware. Because of this, you can prevent the installation of PUPs associated with Default-Search.net by guarding the installation process of any new software carefully. In most cases, choosing custom installation and only selecting necessary components to be installed can prevent the installation of these types of unwanted components.
Common Issues Associated with Default-Search.net
There have been observed a wide number of issues related to Default-Search.net and its associated PUPs. If your Web browser is presenting any of the following symptoms, this may indicate that a PUP associated with Default-Search.net has been installed on your computer:
- PUPs associated with Default-Search.net may change the affected Web browser's homepage, default search engine and default new tab or window website to Default-Search.net.
- PUPs linked to Default-Search.net may display pop-up windows and other types of pop-up advertisements associated with Default-Search.net. These pop-ups may appear quite frequently, seriously interfering with computer users' activities on affected Web browsers. Default-Search.net has also been linked to banner advertisements, in-text marketing advertisements and other forms of intrusive advertising.
- PUPs associated with Default-Search.net may take over the affected Web browser, forcing it to visit Default-Search.net repeatedly. Default-Search.net redirects may be quite disruptive, interrupting affected computer users' activities frequently.
Infected with Default-Search.net? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Default-Search.net
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.