Activeris Antimalware Description
Activeris Antimalware is a rogue security program that uses an approach more commonly associated with Potentially Unwanted Programs. In fact, many legitimate security applications classify Activeris Antimalware as an adware infection. This is due to the fact that Activeris Antimalware carries out attacks similar to rogue security programs, but is less difficult to remove than these and is installed as a Web browser extension, add-on or plug-in. Malware researchers consider that Activeris Antimalware presents a threat to computers and that Activeris Antimalware should be removed immediately. The best help you can get to do it is using a credentialed and updated anti-malware application. Since Activeris Antimalware is not a real security program, malware analysts strongly advise ignoring all of Activeris Antimalware's error messages and notifications.
Activeris Antimalware – A Fancy Name for an Ineffective Program
The main purpose of Activeris Antimalware is to profit at the cost of unsuspecting computer users by claiming that their machines are dangerously infected with threats. Activeris Antimalware will try to convince computer users to call a telephone number or pay for a 'full version' of Activeris Antimalware. Since Activeris Antimalware is not designed to detect or remove threats, paying for Activeris Antimalware is actually a waste of money. The following are common problems that may be associated with Activeris Antimalware:
- Activeris Antimalware may interrupt your online activity by displaying numerous fake error messages and irritating pop-up windows.
- Activeris Antimalware may interfere with your Web browser, causing redirects, forcing your Web browser to visit certain websites, changing your Web browser's default websites and causing a series of other changes.
- Activeris Antimalware has been associated with performance issues on affected computers. Activeris Antimalware may cause the affected computers to become slow and unresponsive, freeze and crash frequently (despite the fact that Activeris Antimalware advertises that Activeris Antimalware actually helps to improve your computer's performance).
- Activeris Antimalware may compromise your security by gathering information about your online activity and Web browser settings. This information may be relayed to a third party for use in marketing research or known deceptive tactics.
Infected with Activeris Antimalware? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Activeris Antimalware * SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
File System Details
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
|2||%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Activeris AntiMalware||96|
|3||%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Activeris AntiMalware||95|
|7||%windir%\System32\Tasks\Activeris AntiMalware_startup[RANDOM CHARACTERS]||11|