Windows Web Watchdog Description
Windows Web Watchdog is an impractical anti-malware product that appertains to the FakeVimes family of threats. Windows Web Watchdog is used to taking money away from unskilled PC users by pretending that their computers have been infected with threats. If Windows Web Watchdog is already installed on your machine, it is paramount to understanding that Windows Web Watchdog is not a real security program, despite its appearance. Windows Web Watchdog only resembles a security product on the surface; Windows Web Watchdog cannot detect or remove threats. If Windows Web Watchdog is installed on your computer, PC security researchers encourage the use of a fully updated and trusted anti-malware product to remove Windows Web Watchdog and detect the presence of other threats that may have been bundled along with Windows Web Watchdog.
Fighting a Watchdog that is Up to No Good
The Windows Web Watchdog scheme is not tremendously difficult to understand. Windows Web Watchdog is usually installed automatically. Once installed, Windows Web Watchdog will follow the steps listed below to attempt to pilfer money from the affected computer user:
- As soon as Windows Web Watchdog is installed, Windows Web Watchdog makes harmful changes to the affected computer's settings. These changes allow Windows Web Watchdog to display bogus error messages, fake system scans and other unwanted messages used to deceive computer users.
- Windows Web Watchdog will also cause problems deliberately on the affected computer. For example, Windows Web Watchdog will prevent computer users from opening files or connecting to the Internet, displaying messages claiming that these actions were blocked because of the presence of threats.
- If computer users try to use Windows Web Watchdog to remove these supposed threats, Windows Web Watchdog display additional error messages claiming that the computer user has to pay for a 'full version' of Windows Web Watchdog.
- In the process of paying, computer users will not only waste their money, they may also hand over sensitive information to the wrong persons. Because of this, PC security researchers firmly counsel against buying this counterproductive security application or similar rogue security programs.
As a member of the FakeVimes family, Windows Web Watchdog has many clones that include Windows Crucial Scanner, Smart Anti-Malware Protection, Windows Advanced Toolkit, My Security Wall, Windows Cleaning Tools, PC Security Guardian, Windows Antivirus Booster, Presto TuneUp, Windows Activity Booster, Windows Antivirus Helper, Windows Advanced User Patch, Fast Antivirus 2009, Windows Daily Adviser, Virus Doctor, Fake Windows Antivirus 2012, Total Anti Malware Protection, System Smart Security, Windows Antibreach Module, Personal Internet Security 2011, Internet Security Suite, Windows Antivirus Tool, Extra Antivirus, Internet Security Essentials, VirusSecurity, Windows Antivirus Patrol, Windows Advanced Security Center, Windows Antibreach Tool, Windows Antibreaking System, Windows AntiHazard Helper, Virus Melt, Windows Antivirus Adviser, Windows Activity Debugger, Windows Control Series, Windows Anti-Malware Patch, Windows Daily Advisor, Live PC Care, Windows Cleaning Toolkit, Smart Engine, Windows Basic Antivirus, Windows Efficiency Accelerator, Enterprise Suite, Windows Defence Counsel, Windows Defence Unit, CleanUp Antivirus, Windows Active HotSpot, A-fast Antivirus, Keep Center Keeper, Live Enterprise Suite, Antivirus Smart Protection, Windows Antivirus Patch, Home Malware Cleaner, Windows Accelerator Pro, Windows AntiBreach Patrol, Windows Be-on-Guard Edition, Windows AntiHazard Center, Windows Antivirus Suite, Home Safety Essentials, Windows Antivirus Care, Advanced Antispyware Solution, Windows Antivirus Release, Smart Virus Eliminator, Security Antivirus, Windows Defence Master, Volcano Security Suite, Windows Antihazard Solution, Smart Security, Smart Internet Protection 2011, My Security Shield, Antimalware PC Safety, Smart Internet Protection 2012, Security Master AV, Windows Defending Center, Windows Custom Management, Windows Component Protector, Windows Debug Center, Windows Antivirus Machine, Windows Efficiency Console, Windows Care Taker, Malware Protection, Activate Ultimate Protection, System Protection Tools, Windows AntiBreach Suite, PC Live Guard, Additional Guard, Personal Security Sentinel, Best Virus Protection, Windows Custodian Utility, Windows Command Processor, Best Malware Protection, Smart PC Cleaner, Windows Custom Safety, Windows AntiBreach Helper, My Security Engine, Windows Antivirus Rampart, Anti-Malware Lab, Windows Abnormality Checker, Windows Active Guard, Best Antivirus Software.
Infected with Windows Web Watchdog? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter's Spyware Scanner
to Detect Windows Web Watchdog * SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
Screenshots & Other Imagery
How Windows Web Watchdog Infects Your PC
File System Details
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
|2||Windows Web Watchdog.lnk||16|