Windows Web Watchdog DescriptionWindows Web Watchdog is an impractical anti-malware product that appertains to the FakeVimes family of threats. Windows Web Watchdog is used to taking money away from unskilled PC users by pretending that their computers have been infected with threats. If Windows Web Watchdog is already installed on your machine, it is paramount to understanding that Windows Web Watchdog is not a real security program, despite its appearance. Windows Web Watchdog only resembles a security product on the surface; Windows Web Watchdog cannot detect or remove threats. If Windows Web Watchdog is installed on your computer, PC security researchers encourage the use of a fully updated and trusted anti-malware product to remove Windows Web Watchdog and detect the presence of other threats that may have been bundled along with Windows Web Watchdog.
Fighting a Watchdog that is Up to No Good
The Windows Web Watchdog scheme is not tremendously difficult to understand. Windows Web Watchdog is usually installed automatically. Once installed, Windows Web Watchdog will follow the steps listed below to attempt to pilfer money from the affected computer user:
- As soon as Windows Web Watchdog is installed, Windows Web Watchdog makes harmful changes to the affected computer's settings. These changes allow Windows Web Watchdog to display bogus error messages, fake system scans and other unwanted messages used to deceive computer users.
- Windows Web Watchdog will also cause problems deliberately on the affected computer. For example, Windows Web Watchdog will prevent computer users from opening files or connecting to the Internet, displaying messages claiming that these actions were blocked because of the presence of threats.
- If computer users try to use Windows Web Watchdog to remove these supposed threats, Windows Web Watchdog display additional error messages claiming that the computer user has to pay for a 'full version' of Windows Web Watchdog.
- In the process of paying, computer users will not only waste their money, they may also hand over sensitive information to the wrong persons. Because of this, PC security researchers firmly counsel against buying this counterproductive security application or similar rogue security programs.
As a member of the FakeVimes family, Windows Web Watchdog has many clones that include Windows Efficiency Master, System Smart Security, Windows AntiHazard Center, Security Master AV, Windows Defending Center, Smart Internet Protection 2011, Windows Basic Antivirus, Smart Virus Eliminator, Windows Care Taker, Windows AntiBreach Patrol, Windows AntiHazard Helper, Windows Expert Series, Keep Center Keeper, Internet Security Suite, Windows Active HotSpot, Windows Active Guard, Windows Active Defender, Windows Antivirus Care, Smart Internet Protection 2012, My Security Shield, Windows Daily Adviser, Internet Security Essentials, My Security Engine, Windows Activity Debugger, Windows Crucial Scanner, Windows Antivirus Patch, Windows Antibreach Tool, Windows Antivirus Patrol, Windows Antivirus Release, Windows Activity Booster, Windows Antivirus Tool, Windows AntiBreach Suite, Windows Firewall Constructor, Windows Antihazard Solution, Windows Efficiency Kit, PC Security Guardian, Windows Defence Unit, Total Anti Malware Protection, Windows Debug Center, Home Safety Essentials, Windows Functionality Checker, Windows Guard Tools, Home Malware Cleaner, Windows AntiBreach Helper, My Security Wall, Activate Ultimate Protection, PC Live Guard, CleanUp Antivirus, Windows Control Series, Live Enterprise Suite, Windows Advanced User Patch, Windows Antivirus Helper, Windows Defence Counsel, Windows Antivirus Rampart, Windows Custom Safety, Live PC Care, Windows Be-on-Guard Edition, Antivirus Smart Protection, Windows Custom Management, Strong Malware Defender, Windows Guard Solutions, Windows Abnormality Checker, Windows Advanced Security Center, Windows Antivirus Suite, Virus Doctor, Volcano Security Suite, Security Antivirus, Best Malware Protection, Virus Melt, System Protection Tools, Windows Enterprise Suite, Windows Guardian Angel, Windows Efficiency Console, Windows First-Class Protector, Windows Cleaning Toolkit, Windows Defence Master, Personal Internet Security 2011, Additional Guard, Windows Antivirus Machine, Windows Accelerator Pro, Smart Anti-Malware Protection, Fast Antivirus 2009, Windows Enterprise Defender, Smart Security, Anti-Malware Lab, Windows Efficiency Accelerator, Extra Antivirus, VirusSecurity, Windows Expert Console, Windows Antivirus Booster, Personal Security Sentinel, Windows Custodian Utility, Best Antivirus Software, Windows Advanced Toolkit, Windows Anti-Malware Patch and Enterprise Suite.
Infected with Windows Web Watchdog? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Windows Web Watchdog
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
Our MalwareTracker shows malware activity across the world. Explore real-time data of Windows Web Watchdog outbreaks and other threats from global to local level.
File System Details
Windows Web Watchdog creates the following file(s):
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
|2||Windows Web Watchdog.lnk||16|