Windows Web Watchdog DescriptionWindows Web Watchdog is an impractical anti-malware product that appertains to the FakeVimes family of threats. Windows Web Watchdog is used to taking money away from unskilled PC users by pretending that their computers have been infected with threats. If Windows Web Watchdog is already installed on your machine, it is paramount to understanding that Windows Web Watchdog is not a real security program, despite its appearance. Windows Web Watchdog only resembles a security product on the surface; Windows Web Watchdog cannot detect or remove threats. If Windows Web Watchdog is installed on your computer, PC security researchers encourage the use of a fully updated and trusted anti-malware product to remove Windows Web Watchdog and detect the presence of other threats that may have been bundled along with Windows Web Watchdog.
Fighting a Watchdog that is Up to No Good
The Windows Web Watchdog scheme is not tremendously difficult to understand. Windows Web Watchdog is usually installed automatically. Once installed, Windows Web Watchdog will follow the steps listed below to attempt to pilfer money from the affected computer user:
- As soon as Windows Web Watchdog is installed, Windows Web Watchdog makes harmful changes to the affected computer's settings. These changes allow Windows Web Watchdog to display bogus error messages, fake system scans and other unwanted messages used to deceive computer users.
- Windows Web Watchdog will also cause problems deliberately on the affected computer. For example, Windows Web Watchdog will prevent computer users from opening files or connecting to the Internet, displaying messages claiming that these actions were blocked because of the presence of threats.
- If computer users try to use Windows Web Watchdog to remove these supposed threats, Windows Web Watchdog display additional error messages claiming that the computer user has to pay for a 'full version' of Windows Web Watchdog.
- In the process of paying, computer users will not only waste their money, they may also hand over sensitive information to the wrong persons. Because of this, PC security researchers firmly counsel against buying this counterproductive security application or similar rogue security programs.
As a member of the FakeVimes family, Windows Web Watchdog has many clones that include Windows Defence Master, Smart Internet Protection 2012, Windows Antibreach Module, Personal Internet Security 2011, Windows Daily Adviser, Presto TuneUp, Windows Antivirus Patrol, Smart Anti-Malware Protection, Windows Advanced User Patch, Windows Antivirus Release, Windows AntiBreach Patrol, Internet Security Essentials, Windows Efficiency Console, Home Safety Essentials, Windows Abnormality Checker, Volcano Security Suite, VirusSecurity, Windows AntiHazard Center, Security Antivirus, Live PC Care, Windows Control Series, Home Malware Cleaner, Live Enterprise Suite, Windows Active Guard, Windows Basic Antivirus, Windows AntiBreach Helper, Windows Antivirus Adviser, Windows Antivirus Booster, Windows Antivirus Helper, Windows Accelerator Pro, Windows Antivirus Patch, Windows Anti-Malware Patch, Windows Defence Counsel, Windows Efficiency Kit, Windows AntiBreach Suite, My Security Shield, Windows Custom Safety, Smart Security, Windows Crucial Scanner, Windows First-Class Protector, Fast Antivirus 2009, Windows Enterprise Suite, Windows Expert Series, Extra Antivirus, Windows Advanced Toolkit, A-fast Antivirus, Malware Protection, My Security Engine, Best Antivirus Software, Windows Antivirus Tool, Internet Security Suite, Windows Activity Debugger, Windows AntiHazard Helper, Windows Custodian Utility, Windows Antivirus Care, Windows Cleaning Toolkit, Keep Center Keeper, Windows Antivirus Rampart, Advanced Antispyware Solution, Windows Care Taker, Virus Doctor, Smart Engine, Windows Expert Console, Windows Antivirus Machine, Windows Active HotSpot, Smart Virus Eliminator, Total Anti Malware Protection, PC Security Guardian, Antivirus Smart Protection, System Protection Tools, Smart Internet Protection 2011, Windows Firewall Constructor, Windows Defending Center, Windows Debug Center, Windows Efficiency Master, Windows Antivirus Suite, Windows Functionality Checker, Windows Custom Management, My Security Wall, Activate Ultimate Protection, Virus Melt, Windows Antihazard Solution, Personal Security Sentinel, Enterprise Suite, Additional Guard, Security Master AV, Windows Defence Unit, Windows Daily Advisor, CleanUp Antivirus, System Smart Security, Windows Efficiency Accelerator, Windows Antibreach Tool, PC Live Guard, Windows Be-on-Guard Edition, Anti-Malware Lab, Windows Advanced Security Center, Windows Activity Booster and Best Malware Protection.
Infected with Windows Web Watchdog? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Windows Web Watchdog
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
Screenshots & Other Imagery
Tip: Turn your sound ON and watch the video in Full Screen mode to fully experience how Windows Web Watchdog infects a computer.
How Windows Web Watchdog Infects Your PC
Our MalwareTracker shows malware activity across the world. Explore real-time data of Windows Web Watchdog outbreaks and other threats from global to local level.
File System Details
Windows Web Watchdog creates the following file(s):
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
|2||Windows Web Watchdog.lnk||16|