SpyHunter is a malware removal tool that will detect and remove thousands of hazardous threats such as malware, spyware, trojans, viruses, worms, and rootkits and other threats from your PC. If you've already downloaded SpyHunter's Spyware Scanner (free version) and wish to download the full-featured version of SpyHunter, follow the instructions on how to download the full version of SpyHunter on your PC provided on this article.
Please note: It's only after you activate the full version of SpyHunter that the program unlocks all its features such as the Spyware HelpDesk, daily definition updates, and free customer support. However, you can use SpyHunter's spyware scanner (free version) with its limited features without the activation.
Having problems downloading SpyHunter? If for any reason, you need to re-download SpyHunter, just follow the instructions below. You will not be charged any additional fees to re-download SpyHunter.
Two key points to be aware in order to download the full version of SpyHunter:
- Please make absolutely sure that all SpyHunter windows are closed, and then follow the instructions below very carefully.
- Please make sure that any firewall software that you have running on your machine is disabled, as it may interfere with the download process.
To download SpyHunter, please follow the instructions below.
- Use your web browser to go to www.enigmasoftware.com.
- Enter your email address and password into the "My Account" login box, located on the header of our website. (If you have forgotten your password, it can be found in the receipt/confirmation email that was emailed to you).
- You will be redirected to the "My Account" page. Click on the blue download button, located on the "Download Information" section, and save the file to your computer. Make sure to make a note of what folder you've saved the file in. Also, we strongly recommend that you save the installation file to your "Desktop" so that you can easily locate it for the installation. The installation file is usually called "SpyHunterS.exe", "spyhunterFULL.exe", "spyhunterFULL_2U.exe" but it could also be under other variation of those names.
- After you download the file, double click it and go through the installation file, double click it and go through the installation process.
For Windows Vista Customers Only: If you have Windows Vista, DO NOT double click SpyHunter's installation file. Instead, right-click the SpyHunter installation file and choose the option "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR".
- After the installation is complete, you will see a SpyHunter shortcut on your Desktop, with a blue and gray icon with a picture of a face. Double-click this icon to launch the actual program.
Note: After installing the SpyHunter program, please remember to delete the the installer program from your Desktop. It is very important that you delete it to avoid future confusions. After installing SpyHunter, the installation program becomes useless.
- After downloading and installing SpyHunter, please check for definition updates. Also, make sure you have entered your account information in "SpyHunter Settings" and activated SpyHunter. For instructions on how to enter/check your account information and activate SpyHunter, go to "How to Register and Activate SpyHunter".
For further instructions on how to install SpyHunter, go to "How to Install SpyHunter" for a visual aid for the installation process.