- You must print these instructions before continuing. Save your open documents and close all the open applications as your system will shut down in step 2.
- Restart your computer.
- As your computer restarts and before Windows launches, you will see the first screen (should be a black screen with white text or a logo of your computer manufacture) or if you see the message "Please select the operating system to start", press "F8". Note 1: As soon as you see the first screen on your monitor, you should press and hold "F8" on your keyboard until you see the Windows Advanced Options menu. Do not worry if you hear a beeping sound, it is normal. Note 2: If you see the screen with the Windows logo, you went too far and if so, you need to wait until the computer starts in "Normal Mode" and go back to Step 2.
- At the Windows Advanced Options menu, select "Safe Mode with Networking" (by using the keyboard arrow keys) and press "Enter" on your keyboard. Note: The options below may vary with the version of Windows that you have installed on your computer.
- Choose the operating system you wish to boot up in Safe Mode. Note: The option below may or may not appear as your system may not have the operating system choice menu.
- Once Windows finishes the safe mode loading process, you will be shown a popup warning message advising you that Windows is running in Safe Mode. Please click "Yes" to proceed to work in safe mode.
- Once in Safe Mode, follow the instructions below. FOR WINDOWS VISTA AND 7: Click on the "Windows logo" button and then type "Run" in the Search programs and files" box located under "All Programs". FOR WINDOWS XP: Click on "Start" and then click "Run". This will open the Run window. Carefully type (or paste) the following command into the "Open" box: REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network\MSIServer" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service" After you've entered the command, be sure to check for any mistypes and correct them. If everything is correct, click the "OK" button.
- Go back to "Run" to execute another command. Carefully type into the "Open" box following line: net start msiserver After you've entered the command, click the "OK" button.
- Finally, run the SpyHunter installer.
Can't Remove Malware?
Issues with hard-to-remove malware:Try Malware Fix
- Blocks Apps like SpyHunter
- Stops Internet Access
- Locks Up Computer