There have been reports of Websearch.soft-quick.info redirects associated with the most popular web browsers in the market, including Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. This is part of a browser hijacker attack involving this website. There are two common symptoms of these attacks: having your homepage changed to Websearch.soft-quick.info and having your web browser direct you to Websearch.soft-quick.info repeatedly. While these kinds of attacks can be irritating, it is important to note that they also pose a severe threat to your computer's security and to your privacy. Websearch.soft-quick.info redirects should be regarded as symptoms of a more severe infection that should be removed with the help of a reliable anti-malware application.
A browser hijacker is simply a malware infection designed to control the victim's web browser in order to force it to visit a particular website or carry out particular tasks without the computer user's authorization. Browser hijackers associated with Websearch.soft-quick.info may cause the following symptoms:
- Browser hijackers associated with Websearch.soft-quick.info are designed to change the infected web browser's homepage to Websearch.soft-quick.info, ensuring that this website is the first thing the victim sees when starting up the infected computer's web browser.
- While browsing the net, Websearch.soft-quick.info will appear repeatedly in pop-up windows. Random advertisements and error messages may also pop up, as well as windows and messages that appear when mousing over a particular link or word in a web browser window.
- An infected web browser will force the victim to visit Websearch.soft-quick.info repeatedly. These kinds of redirects can occur after clicking on a link, searching for a keyword on an online search engine or entering an address into the infected web browser's address bar.
- The infected web browser's default setting will be changed to make it easier for browser hijackers associated with Websearch.soft-quick.info to carry out their attacks. You should also notice that features such as bookmarks, favorite websites and the default search engine may be changed to Websearch.soft-quick.info without the computer user's authorization.
Infected with Websearch.soft-quick.info? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Websearch.soft-quick.info
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.