Websearch.searchisbestmy.info is a low quality search engine that is closely related to a browser hijacker infection. Browser hijackers associated with Websearch.searchisbestmy.info are typically considered PUPs, or Potentially Unwanted Programs. This is not always the case; some other forms of threats may include browser hijacking components. PUPs themselves are typically not considered as threatening as Trojans, worms or rootkits, despite often having characteristics that may be just as disruptive or potentially harmful. PUPs associated with Websearch.searchisbestmy.info may make unwanted changes to the victim's Web browser settings, often to ensure that the computer user is redirected to Websearch.searchisbestmy.info repeatedly, or that Websearch.searchisbestmy.info appears in pop-up windows. Some problems typically associated with Websearch.searchisbestmy.info include the following:
- PUPs associated with Websearch.searchisbestmy.info may change the affected Web browser's homepage and default search engine to Websearch.searchisbestmy.info.
- PUPs connected to Websearch.searchisbestmy.info may cause Web browser redirects to the Websearch.searchisbestmy.info website.
- Websearch.searchisbestmy.info may appear in the form of pop-up advertisements and content on the affected PC.
If you are encountering problems associated with Websearch.searchisbestmy.info on your Web browser, security analysts strongly advise that computer users use a reliable anti-malware application to remove any threat on the affected computer and that any PUPs related to Websearch.searchisbestmy.info are uninstalled at once. It may be necessary to undo any unwanted changes to the affected Web browser settings once the PUP has been removed from the affected PC.
Removing Websearch.searchisbestmy.info and Its Associated PUPs
Problems associated with Websearch.searchisbestmy.info may be encountered on the most popular Web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. They may enter a computer after the computer user downloads a freeware program with which these PUPs have been bundled. Computer users should watch the installation of any new software carefully to ensure that no unwanted components have been bundled along with the installed application. Although it is often possible to opt out of installing these types of PUPs, the option is often hidden in some way or difficult to find.
Type: Browser Hijackers
Infected with Websearch.searchisbestmy.info? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Websearch.searchisbestmy.info
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.