HQTotalS is an adware component or Potentially Unwanted Program that is designed to profit at the expense of computer users by displaying a large number of advertisements on affected Web browsers. HQTotalS may affect your Web browser's performance and quickly become quite irritating due to its numerous pop-up advertisements. HQTotalS may replace advertisements on websites visited on the affected Web browser. Regardless of how HQTotalS is marketed, the main purpose of HQTotalS is to generate revenue that will benefit its creators by exposing PC users to unwanted advertisement and convincing them to click on sponsored links or other content. If your Web browser is displaying content associated with HQTotalS or if HQTotalS is already on your computer, malware researchers advise deleting HQTotalS at once and using a reliable security program to ensure that HQTotalS has not exposed you to potentially harmful content.
How can You Acquire HQTotalS
Most computer users do not install HQTotalS deliberately. HQTotalS is installed by bundling HQTotalS with low quality free programs downloaded from questionable sources. Once HQTotalS is installed, HQTotalS makes changes to the affected Web browser's settings and causes a variety of issues, including the following:
- HQTotalS may change your Web browser's default search engine and homepage.
- HQTotalS may cause performance issues such as slow connectivity or frequent crashes.
- HQTotalS may cause the affected Web browser to display numerous pop-up advertisements and bogus error messages.
PC users may opt out of installing HQTotalS. However, rushing through the installation process or failing to pay attention may cause computer users to skip over this option. Despite not being the case, the installers may present HQTotalS as a legitimate component of the freeware program being installed. In most cases, computer users may avoid installing content like HQTotalS by using custom installation to only install components that are needed and to avoid installing all other types of components such as HQTotalS and similar PUPs.
Infected with HQTotalS? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect HQTotalS
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
File System Details