Galileo System Cleaner Description
Galileo System Cleaner is a falsified anti-spyware application that was designed by scammers with the only goal to swindle unaware PC users out of their money. Galileo System Cleaner strives to convince affected users to upgrade to the full version of rogueware by paying a certain amount of money to web attackers; however, there’s no full edition of Galileo System Cleaner. Galileo System Cleaner promotes and pushes its fake security software as a reliable and powerful anti-spyware tool. In truth, Galileo System Cleaner does not offer trustworthy security functionalities to affected PC users.
When installed, Galileo System Cleaner starts allegedly scanning the targeted PC and returns bogus PC scan results in order to scare victims into believing they have numerous malware threats on their computers. Galileo System Cleaner also shows false pop-up security alerts stating that the computer is infected with certain PC infections. Galileo System Cleaner drops malicious files and modifies the Windows Registry by creating a startup registry entry so that it can load automatically every time you start Windows. Galileo System Cleaner will constantly disturb you with recurrent computer system scans and fabricated pop-up warnings. You will be repeatedly forced to purchase the imaginary full version of scareware called Galileo System Cleaner. ESG’s malware analysts strongly advise you to uninstall Galileo System Cleaner, if infected, with the trustworthy anti-malware program that is able to rid affected PCs of rogue anti-spyware applications.
Type: Rogue AntiSpyware Programs
How Can You Detect Galileo System Cleaner?
Download SpyHunter’s Detection Scanner
to Detect Galileo System Cleaner.
Galileo System Cleaner Removal Details
Galileo System Cleaner has typically the following processes in memory:
Galileo System Cleaner creates the following files in the system:
- %StartMenu%\Programs\Galileo System Cleaner\Buy Galileo System Cleaner.lnk
- %StartMenu%\Programs\Galileo System Cleaner\Launch Galileo System Cleaner.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Desktop\Buy Galileo System Cleaner.lnk
Galileo System Cleaner creates the following registry entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges\Range1 “:Range” = “127.0.0.1″
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “(RANDOM NUMBERS AND CHARACTERS).exe”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_(RANDOM NUMBERS AND CHARACTERS)
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges\Range1 “*” = 1
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\(RANDOM NUMBERS AND CHARACTERS)