Fassurun is a Web browser extension that has been classified as a Potentially Unwanted Program by security researchers. Fassurun is not a useful tool, despite the fact that Fassurun is promoted as a tool that can help computer users to find the content they want. Rather, Fassurun is especially designed to display advertisements and marketing content on affected computers. Because of the fact that Fassurun is associated with various misleading tactics and potentially unsafe websites, malware analysts strongly advise computer users to avoid installing Fassurun. However, they will likely not have a choice every time because Fassurun is often installed without the computer user's knowledge by bundling Fassurun with free software downloaded from doubtful sources. If Fassurun has already been installed, malware researchers strongly advise the immediate use of an effective anti-malware solution that is fully up-to-date for its removal.
Why Fassurun is Considered Potentially Threatening
Malware analysts warn computer users to avoid Fassurun and similar PUPs because these types of programs may endanger computers in several ways, despite not being considered as damaging as many forms of threats such as viruses or Trojans. What follows are part of the problems that may be associated with Fassurun:
- Fassurun may infringe on your privacy. Fassurun spies on your online activity and gathers data about your computer and Web browser. Fassurun then sends this information to a third party or to its controllers. This data may be used by Fassurun to deliver advertisements to your computer. It may also be sold to a third party for marketing research purposes or to carry out misleading tactics such as identity theft or banking fraud.
- Fassurun may have a significant effect on a computer's performance. Fassurun may cause a computer to slow down, crash or freeze frequently. Fassurun may also make the affected computer connect to the Internet at a slower pace, causing the affected Web browser to take much longer than normal to load a normal Web page.
- Fassurun may expose your Web browser to unsafe online content through Web browser redirects or unsafe advertisements. Fassurun has been known to display numerous types of advertisements on affected Web browsers, often promoting unsafe online content and PUPs.
Infected with Fassurun? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Fassurun
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
File System Details
|#||File Name||Detection Count|
|1||%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\hjeglkhenpckoocpnajnnmcehdkcemnm||70|