EnhanceTronic is a Potentially Unwanted Program that has characteristics of browser hijackers and adware. Although not considered as severe as other threats, PUPs like EnhanceTronic may cause a wide variety of irritating symptoms that may often be as disruptive as more serious forms of threats. Security researchers strongly recommend avoiding EnhanceTronic and removing this Web browser add-on if EnhanceTronic has already been placed on your PC. There are several reasons why EnhanceTronic may pose a threat to your computer and privacy, including the following:
- EnhanceTronic may hijack your Web browser. EnhanceTronic seizes the Web browser and forcefully leads you to Web pages linked to EnhanceTronic. These types of redirects may occur repeatedly and may happen after accessing a link, typing an address into the affected Web browser's address bar or randomly. The goal of EnhanceTronic redirects is to profit by raising affiliated Web pages page ranking and traffic statistics at the expense of computer users.
- EnhanceTronic has been linked to numerous types of advertisements on the affected Web browser and EnhanceTronic is often classified as adware by PC security researchers. EnhanceTronic has been known to deliver numerous advertisements to the victim's Web browser. The main types of advertisements associated with EnhanceTronic may be intrusive pop-up advertisements that interrupt the computer user while browsing the Web. EnhanceTronic adds banner and sliding advertisements to websites visited by the victim. Security researchers have also observed that EnhanceTronic creates in-text advertisements, highlighting words on Web pages so that they may display pop-up windows when the computer user passes the mouse cursor over the linked text.
- EnhanceTronic may intrude on your privacy. EnhanceTronic does this by keeping tabs on your online activity and sending this information to a third party. Security researchers have also noted that EnhanceTronic may use this information to deliver additional advertisements to the compromised Web browser.
- Initial complaints involving EnhanceTronic may revolve about the fact that EnhanceTronic may arrive unexpectedly on the affected Web browser and immediately changes its homepage and default search engine.
Infected with EnhanceTronic? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect EnhanceTronic * SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
File System Details
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|