Backdoor.Winnti.B is a Trojan that opens a back door on the targeted PC. While being executed, Backdoor.Winnti.B drops a few malevolent files
and creates registry entries. Backdoor.Winnti.B sets a handler routine using SetConsoleCtrlHandler that drops the threat in the file system so that it loads automatically whenever you boot up Windows. Backdoor.Winnti.B connects to a command-and-control server and, thus, permits remote attackers to conduct a variety of harmful actions, such as stealing confidential data. Backdoor.Winnti.B deletes the main component of itseld
after being loaded into memory.
How Can You Detect Backdoor.Winnti.B?
Backdoor.Winnti.B Removal Details
Backdoor.Winnti.B has typically the following processes in memory:
- %System%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].dll
- %CurrentFolder%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].dll
Backdoor.Winnti.B creates the following registry entries:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\”AppInit_DLLs” = “[RANDOM CHARACTERS].dll”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\”RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs” = “0″
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\”LoadAppInit_DLLs” = “1″